Souq.com is looking for Cairo-based candidate to work in their Maadi office as Electronics Category Manager. Perfect candidate should have 5 to 8 years of experience where salary range is 8,000 to 10,000 Egyptian pounds per month.
Electronics Category Manager will source of brands, build and maintain client relationships, educate and train new sellers. To develop and strategize brands whilst building relationships with various clients. Responsible for managing category strategy and proposition development for new customer acquisition.
Develop the product portfolio for your category, own range performance analysis across the market to identify business development opportunities, consumer insight and market research for each category and produce clearly defined ranges for each, with a rolling business development pipeline. Identification of new customer and business development opportunities and define the optimal category and brand propositions to take to market for securing incremental business.
The following will also be required:
• Product life cycle and P&L management experience
• Experience of market research briefing, management and interpretation
• Previous experience of product range and proposition development and performance measurement
• A strong background in business development or new customer acquisition
• Sourcing brands/Suppliers/SKU'S to sell on Souq.com, increasing item count and data on the website
• Educating and training new Suppliers to function effectively on our website
• Marketing brands through tactful exposure thereby increasing their sales and giving Brand exposure.
• Developing brand strategy, strategic consulting, business planning and sales strategy development.
• Manage the range building and selection/buying process of ranges
• Prepare/conduct Sales & Marketing plans to increase Market share.
• Manage the stock and observe the products movement within both warehouses and onsite
• Monitor competitor’s activities and work towards minimizing competition risks.
Prepare market studies/ business plans and report as per job requirements.
• Preparing proposed business plans which includes price structures, marketing activities, purchases & sales forecasts, negotiating all terms involved..........etc
• Ensure that there is no excess category inventory at the warehouses or stores and that aged stocks are cleared through aggressively.
• Recommend retail pricing levels, decide sale lines & mark down percentage strategy.
Category Promotions - Provide inputs on expected margins, possible price points and other parameters for promotions within the product category.
• Analyze the effectiveness of promotions in achieving targeted levels of sales and margins.
• Analyze existing stock levels; liaise with the Buying/VM/Marketing team for timely roll out of promotional campaigns to maintain the inventory holding norms and achieve targeted sale In-season Management - Monitor performance against plan for the options trading in furniture category, regularly supported by exception reporting.
Qualification, Experience & Skills:
• Bachelor's Degree
• Minimum of 5 yrs experience in sourcing of consumer products and building brand strategy
• Effective persuasion skills
• Excellent communication skills in English
• Effective interpersonal skills
Souq.com is the largest e-commerce site in the Arab world, featuring more than 200,000 products across categories such as consumer electronics, fashion, household goods, watches or perfumes. Today Souq.com attracts over 8 million visits per month and is fast growing as more consumers shop online in the Arab world.
Often tagged as the “Amazon of the Middle East”, Souq.com operates both as a retail site and as a marketplace for third party sellers. It offers a convenient and safe online shopping experience with online payments, option to pay cash on delivery and free returns.
Established in 2005, Souq.com pioneered online shopping in the region as an auction site linked to the Arab internet portal Maktoob. When Yahoo! acquired Maktoob in August 2009, Souq.com was not included in the sale and was spun off as part of Jabbar Internet Group. The site then switched to a marketplace with a fixed price model in early 2011, and then launched its retail division late 2011.
Headquartered in Dubai, UAE, Souq.com caters to the needs of local markets with commercial offices in Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, and a technical and development center in Jordan.
To apply, kindly visit Wuzzuf website: